HEAD OF INDIGENOUS AFFAIRS
- Newly created senior role
- Champion for Tourism Australia’s Indigenous goals and aspirations
- Influencer of Indigenous outcomes within the Tourism industry
Tourism Australia is the Australian Government agency responsible for attracting international visitors to Australia, both for leisure and business events.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced executive to the role of Head of Indigenous Affairs. This newly-created position is an exciting opportunity to generate positive impact for Indigenous people within the tourism sector with the iconic Tourism Australia brand as your backdrop.
Based in our Sydney office and part of the Corporate Affairs Team, the Head of Indigenous Affairs will report to the General Manager Experiences and will champion Tourism Australia’s Indigenous goals and aspirations including; leading the development of our strategic direction, policy positions, and engagement in relation to Indigenous matters.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a difference within Tourism Australia, and externally with a wide range of stakeholders, in broadening and deepening the recognition, inclusion and promotion of First Australian culture and knowledge and facilitating advancement of Indigenous businesses associated with Australia’s tourism industry.
The position will require the ability to relate to and interact comfortably at senior levels including: Government; global and local tourism partners, organisations, associations and industry; and Indigenous-owned and operated businesses.
Experience in, or understanding of, Tourism Australia’s products and markets would be an advantage.
The role will:
- Provide advice and insight to Tourism Australia’s management;
- Oversee Tourism Australia’s Reconciliation Action Plan;
- Increase the inclusion of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and culture in all of Tourism Australia’s activities;
- Support the promotion of Aboriginal tourism to key domestic and international markets; and
- Represent Tourism Australia on Indigenous matters at relevant industry forums and conferences
To apply, please submit an application letter addressing the key criteria and key components of the Position Description along with your CV.
For more information or a copy of the Position Description email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted by COB, Friday 2nd October 2020.
This position constitutes an Affirmative Measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 and is open only to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates. Restricting recruitment criteria to an indigenous person is allowed under section 26 of the Australian Public Service Commissioner’s Directions 2016 and is within the meaning of special measures under subsection 8(1) of the ‘Racial Discrimination Act 1975’.