- Cattle feedlot
- Geelong Region
Our client runs a diversified farming operation, producing premium grain fed beef for domestic and export markets. This business operates a 10,000 head cattle feedlot, located just north of Geelong, near Anakie. We are now inviting applications for the role of a Tractor Driver/Feeder to join their team.
This role will have a strong focus on preparing, allocating and delivering feed to stock in a timely manner. Whilst also enjoying working as part of a team, general feedlot maintenance and following established processes to ensure all operations flow effectively. The role will suit a highly motivated, process driven person who may be working in a similar role or processing operation, and is looking for a change.
To be considered, you will need to have but not limited to:
- Experience with tractor driven mixing wagons, telehandlers and loaders will be highly regarded
- Solid cattle husbandry experience
- Good understanding of animal health with a strong focus on attention to detail with some data recording required
- A strong commitment to Workplace Health & Safety
- The ability to use initiative and problem solve when required
- To be able to work on weekends on a rostered cycle
A competitive salary will be negotiated based on experience. The business is located between two major towns of Ballarat and Geelong, making this an ideal location for a commute.
Please click apply with reference to position number 1983.2 or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. For more information and a confidential conversation, call Gilles Clarisse at Meridian Agriculture on 03 5341 6100.