Bowls Australia (BA) is seeking expressions of interest for a Chief Medical Officer (CMO) to provide medical advice and support for our BA High Performance Program and for BA activities.
Bowls Australia has a rich history of success at International events such as the World Championships and the Commonwealth Games. The BA High Performance Program aims to optimise the performance of Australia’s elite athletes at International benchmark events by providing world-class, high performance practices, planning and management.
BA also conducts many International and National events together with the delivery of many participation programs across the country by our staff, some of whom are based in the national office in Melbourne with the remainder working remotely.
Primary Purpose of the Role
The BA CMO will:
- Develop and deliver world-class planning strategies to ensure our athletes remain healthy and best-prepared to perform at Bowls events upon a National and International level; and
- Provide support and advice to the BA CEO and National Coach on any medical or health matters as required.
Main Tasks and Activities
- Work with the CMOs of the AIS, CGA and other National Sporting Organisations (NSO’s) to ensure compliance with medical and COVID requirements in the lead up to, and during International, National, and other BA events.
- Provide medical expertise in the development of a COVID Action Strategy for the Australian Bowls Team.
- Develop and implement COVID strategies and medical protocols for the BA High Performance Team in preparation for training camps, required periods of isolation and travel to/from the events.
- Manage daily check-ins and health reports through the Athlete Management System.
- Manage any COVID testing requirements.
- Provide medical advice to the HP Manager, AW&E Manager, National Coach & CEO where required, for example on anti-doping matters or medical screenings.
To fulfil the responsibilities, the CMO will need to develop and maintain effective relationships with:
- BA HP Manager, AW&E Manager, National Coach, National Assistant Coach/Pathways Manager & CEO.
- Other CMOs within the AIS, CGA and other NSO’s.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Surgery (MBBS) degree or equivalent.
- AHPRA Registration to practice medicine in Australia.
- Experience as a medical professional with a sports team at a national or international level.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Australian High Performance sport system.
Terms of Agreement
- The location of the position is flexible.
- The position will be offered as a fee for service basis from July 2021 and we anticipate that the commitment required would be approximately 10 - 20 days per annum.
- This position may require domestic travel for a training camp or event attendance.
- This position may require work at the weekend, or outside ordinary work hours.
How to apply and further information
Applications close 5.00pm AEDT on COB Monday 31 May.
We are seeking experienced applicants so please only apply if you have the skills and experience we are seeking. You will need to provide a cover letter and resume for your application. Click on the green APPLY button to the right to start your application process.
Any questions regarding the role can be directed to email@example.com
Bowls Australia (BA) is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. BA requires all applicants who are to work with children and young people to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, a process that may include, but is not limited to, comprehensive reference checks, an identity check, a ‘working with children’ or equivalent check and/or a ‘national criminal history record’ check.