All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Human Resources Assistant to fill a 7 month maternity leave contract until the beginning of 2022. The successful person will provide timely, accurate human resource support, assistance and advise to Gilmour Space Management and Employees. As a key member of the Human Resource team, you will support the overall Human Resource operations for Gilmour Space with a strong focus on recruitment and selection and administrator duties.
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Assist the Human Resources Manager in providing accurate and timely HR support, advice and guidance to managers and staff on a wide range of HR issues and relevant legislation
- Assists with implementation and updating of human resources policies and procedures
- Assist with recruitment by placing advertisements, liaising with Recruitment Agencies, receiving and responding to applicants, scheduling interviews and processing background checks
- Assist in coordinating visa processing and relocation requirements for overseas employee placements
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention
- Assist in the review of internal and external training requirements. This includes sourcing of appropriate courses and co-ordination of bookings
- Ensures that Human Resource files and records are maintained in accordance with legislative requirements and company policies and procedures
- Updates HR data and event in SharePoint and other software as required
- Organise meetings, conferences and functions as required
- General office administration as required by the Human Resources Manager and Leadership team
- Other duties as requested by Management
Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources or related fields or a minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Evidence of exceptional ability
How to apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.