All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
We are currently experiencing massive growth within the company and exciting opportunities exist for 5x CNC & Manual Machinists to join our team on the Gold Coast. You will be required to fill either the 6am to 2pm, or 1:30pm - 9:30pm shift plus reasonable additional hours. You will contribute by producing precision parts and instruments used for engineering and manufacturing. As part of the Operations team, the CNC Machinist will be using the computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools to manage the cutting, drilling and finishing of the in-house components.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIES:
- Manufacturing high-quality components suitable for use in an aerospace application
- Carrying out engineering requests that support the development and manufacture of jigs, fixtures, and specialised tooling, ensuring tooling is always in compliance to industry standards
- Ensuring good manufacturing practice applies whilst providing ongoing maintenance and organisation of toolroom equipment
- Liaising with external suppliers to source material and tooling required for manufacturing jobs
- Interfacing with the engineering team to ensure manufacturing constraints are incorporated in the design process
- Grow the company’s precision manufacturing capability by assessing the appropriate hardware and staff to meet company goals
- Supporting other manufacturing tasks as dictated by the needs of the business
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Trade qualified Fitter and Turner or Toolmaker
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience manufacturing precision components using lathes, mills, CNC machines, and general workshop equipment
- Experience manufacturing components that require a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to work with engineering staff to provide design for manufacturing advice
- Operation of CNC machines that utilise FANUC controllers, preferred
- CAD/CAM and Solidworks experience highly preferred
- Enthusiasm for space related hardware and the industry in general, preferred
A self-motivated, team player with a background in the Aerospace or related industries and a passion for the space industry is essential to the success of this role.
HOW TO APPLY:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter. Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.