All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is looking for a full time Launch Site Operations Supervisor. This position will be based at our head office in Helensvale as well as entail overseeing the construction, operation and maintenance of our launch facilities in Australia. This position will coordinate efforts for construction, commissioning and operation.
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Partner with our launch site operations team to develop, plan and execute site construction projects in accordance with overall business objectives and strategy
- Manage third-party service providers to ensure services are meeting corporate standards and terms of contract
- Supervise and provide daily support to the launch operations technicians
- Plan, schedule, and assign work, as well as assess completed work
- Ensure employees have the training, tools and materials they need to carry out their duties
- Lead technicians in the field to accomplish required tasks on a daily basis
- Ensure safety and quality inspection principles are followed in all tasks
- Other duties as requested by Management
- High school certificate or equivalent certificate definition
- Experience with fluid systems
- Experience with electronics
- Evidence of exceptional ability
Desired Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Ability to operate successfully in a remote location with a limited team and resources
- Experience managing budgets
- Experience managing third-party vendors
- Ability to work independently with little direction
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Knowledge of safety procedures and techniques
- Knowledge of high pressure pneumatic, hydraulic and cryogenic fluids systems
- Knowledge of all types of inspection equipment
- Knowledge of all types of measuring instruments
- Understanding of fluids system schematics and procedures related to launch operations
- Skill in operating machinery and various hand and power tools
- Reasonable skill level using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
How to apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.