A warm and loving family living in the Upper North Shore suburb of Pymble in Sydney are seeking a fun loving and nurturing nanny to mainly care for the family’s youngest child aged 2 (G). The family have 4 children aged 11, 8, 5 and 2. Sometime the 5 year old (B) will be required to be cared for after school along with the 2 year old. The older children will not require any assistance.
The day and normal hours are:- 2 days - 11 hours
Wednesday 12.00pm to 6.00pm
Thursday 1:00pm to 6:00pm
The children will be required to be driven at times and the families automatic car is available to be used.
The majority of the afternoon will be to care and play for the 2 year old. Take her to the park, play games and follow her established routine. The family are from Chinese origin and would like the child to learn more English.
The carer’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows –
- To mainly care for the 2 year old and the 5 year old sometimes after school
- Oversee homework with the 5 year old
- Drive with the children sometimes
- Prepare and cook the children's dinner (occasionally)
- Assist with some light household duties when the 2 year is asleep i.e. general tidying up the children’s bedroom and main rooms of the house
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- Must have a minimum of 2 years nanny experience
- Speak fluent English
- Be reliable, patient and calm
- Be a competent cook
- Have a current first aid certificate (or happy to obtain one)
- Have a current working with children’s check number
- Display strong communication skills