All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting new opportunity exists for a Systems Engineer - Satellites to contribute towards the achievement of the company’s overall business aims by performing satellite mission definition and development, including system analyses, sizing, trajectories, and data link budgets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Design and analysis of satellite systems (e.g. Power system, Attitude Determination and Control System, TT&C…).
- Satellite performance specification including control system sizing, sensor noise and performance characteristics, and defining fault management strategies.
- Perform the main system analyses (e.g. power budget – battery and solar array sizing, mission definition, link budget, telemetry data budget…).
- Coordinate the procurement and integration of the subsystem components.
- Coordinate GNC activities, ensuring coherence in the development activities on the other branches like:
- Simulator development,
- Testing EGSE procurement.
- Other duties as requested by Leader.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in physics or an engineering discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in Satellite development.
- Experience with satellite system analyses and design principles.
- Master's degree or PhD in physics or an engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated project or professional experience in similar satellite system role.
- Strong understanding in flexible body control, orbital maneuvering, filtering, fault management, software development, and navigation filtering.
- Strong understanding of classical dynamics, orbital mechanics, modeling and simulation, and software development.
- Software development experience in C++ or Python.
- Good understanding of trajectory optimization for orbital maneuvering.
- Capable of identifying and solving complex problems with little to no supervision or direction.
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.