All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting new opportunity exists for an Avionics Engineer - Satellites to contribute towards the achievement of the company’s overall business aims by performing satellite mission definition and development, including design, develop, and test highly reliable electronics for satellites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Perform product requirements analyses, component selection, procurement and integration for Commercial off-the shelf equipment in the electrical and avionics system.
- Carry on the design, analysis, schematic capture, prototyping, bring-up, debugging, documentation, productization, manufacturing, and test for new development equipment.
- Rapidly design, develop/procure and test highly reliable electronics for satellites.
- Partner with software, GNC, mechanical, layout, environments, integration, harnessing, test, manufacturing, and production teams to deliver fully functional product.
- System engineering efforts to ensure design meets all intents and does not adversely impact other groups or designs.
- Support hardware through test, production, integration, and flight.
- Drive innovation to improve reliability and capabilities while minimizing cost and schedule.
- Ensure schedules are maintained and report project status regularly to management.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or physics
- 3+ years of professional experience designing and delivering electrical hardware
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or similar engineering degree.
- 4+ years of professional experience rapidly designing and delivering highly reliable products.
- 2+ years of electronic product experience designing electrical hardware from concept through production; strong emphasis on full life cycle development of new hardware products and not small incremental updates to legacy hardware.
- 2+ years of experience designing and implementing mixed-signal circuit boards from concept through production using processors, FPGAs, Ethernet, multi-GHz Serdes, DRAM interfaces (DDR4), I2C, SPI, operational amplifiers, analog to digital and digital to analog converters, and power supply components.
- 2+ years of professional experience with hands on testing, troubleshooting and debugging electronics.
- 2+ years of professional experience with fast-paced projects
- Strong understanding of computers and programming languages (Python, C/C++).
- Experience with radiation mitigation methods.
- Experience with thermal design techniques for in-space hardware.
- Experience with common standards and best practices for designing hardware for in-space use.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly cross-functional role.
- Ability to work in an autonomously driven and demanding startup atmosphere.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry.
Policies and Procedures:
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.