All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles
An exciting new opportunity exists for a Power Electrical Engineer - Satellites to contribute towards the achievement of the company’s overall business aims by performing satellite mission definition and development, including develop and implement power control system for satellites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Develop & implement the power control system for a space vehicle including batteries, power distribution system and solar arrays.
- Develop schematic and layouts, working with both internal team members and external vendors.
- Collaborate with SW & embedded systems teams to help in the definition of requirements and integration of software and firmware.
- Develop methods for and participate in hardware testing.
- Perform trade studies on architecture and implementation options.
- Collaborate with other team members and technical disciplines in developing requirements and managing interfaces with other vehicle elements.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or physics
- 5+ years’ experience in the development of power control and other embedded systems.
- Solar panels and electrical power storage systems development experience.
- Ability to take a concept from requirements through design, build, test, production, and operations.
- FPGA design experience.
- Schematic and layout (Altium designer, preferred not required).
- Document management and systems engineering exposure.
- Lab testing of both developmental and production-level PCB’s.
- Experience working with subcontractors and vendors.
- Experience with harness design for aerospace.
- Ability to work independently and successfully manage multiple priorities.
- Prior experience with the implementation of peak power tracking architectures.
- Experience with radiation mitigation methods.
- Experience with thermal design techniques for in-space hardware.
- Experience with common standards and best practices for designing hardware for in-space use.
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.