All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting new opportunity exists for a Software Engineer - Satellites to contribute towards the achievement of the company’s overall business aims by performing satellite mission definition and software development, including system architecture, code, and integration test.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Develop highly reliable and available software systems for our low latency, high-capacity satellite-based global software defined network.
- Design and implement highly available, fault-tolerant network that operates for long periods of time with minimal maintenance at scale.
- Participate in architecture, design, and code reviews.
- Develop prototypes to prove out key design concepts and quantify technical constraints.
- Collaborate with other engineers to plan and organize the development of our products.
- Invent new tools that enable more frequent and reliable software deployment, test execution, and data analysis as part of a continuous integration and release system.
- Develop tools that allow for test execution across multiple environments: virtualized hardware, real hardware-in-the-loop simulations, and on-orbit testing.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, or science discipline OR 2+ years of experience in software development.
- Development experience in C, C++.
- 3+ years of experience in Satellite development.
- Developed, debugged and deployed software that has been used in real world applications/projects.
- Creative approach to problem solving, exceptional analytical skills and engineering fundamentals.
- Solid fundamental knowledge of networks, electronics, math, and physics.
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization, and unit testing.
- Experience with networking protocols (UDP, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Experience in C++ for high performance systems and/or PLUTO.
- Experience writing high quality Linux based software for common processors and microcontrollers (e.g. ARM, PowerPC, x86, etc.)
- Experience with security issues associated with distributed systems and internet services.
- Deep understanding of testing, continuous integration, build, deployment & continuous monitoring.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.