All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Have you ever wanted to design a rocket launch site? Well an exciting new opportunity has now emerged for a Mechanical Engineer to join the Launch Operations team! You will work with the engineering teams to design and maintain mechanisms, structures, and testing hardware for ground segment systems, as required by the schedule. Specifically, this role is to progress the design, assembly, and commissioning of hardware such as rocket erector / launch tower, rocket hold down and release mechanisms, and other mechanical and process ground support equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Design custom hardware and maintain existing documentation.
- Design ground segment structures and mechanisms using CAD and FEA software.
- Create detailed engineering drawings the communicate design intent.
- Develop and maintain existing design and project documentation.
- Develop specifications and interface with external manufacturers.
- Analyse and interpret data collected during testing.
- Develop and maintain maintenance schedules and data for mechanical and process systems.
- Other duties as requested by management.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Structural Engineering.
- 2+ years of mechanical or structural design and drafting experience (including internships or personal projects) preferably in heavy industry.
- Structural design of large structures (cranes, mining, or other heavy engineering plant)
- Familiarity with hydraulics systems.
- Ability to manage large assembly models and drawings.
- Solid understanding and application of GD&T.
- Familiarity with welded structures and design approaches.
- Ability to work well in an integrated team including daily interactions with technicians, engineers, and managers.
- Creative problem solver that can bring multiple disciplines together.
- Self-motivated with strong multi-tasking, organizational, communication and documentation skills
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees' terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.