Community Solutions currently have a full-time opportunity based in Pinkenba, for an Industrial Plastics Polymer Processing Apprentice. The successful candidate will receive a Certificate III in Polymer Processing (Extrusion) over a 3-year apprenticeship period. The successful candidate will be offered job security and given the opportunity to continue as full-time employee on completion of the apprenticeship.
Our host business is a specialist manufacturer of large scale commercial and industrial plastic components and serves several industries including Mining, Energy, Water Management, Food Processing, Construction, Plumbing, Marine and Education. Operating out of a modern production site & working with a friendly team will make this apprenticeship a fun and rewarding experience.
In this entry level position, the successful candidates will be provided an abundance of support with in- depth training as a Plastics Fabricator.
The tasks involved:
- Determining project requirements
- Marking out and cutting materials
- Fastening seams or joints together with welds
- Finishing joints using power tools
- Hold a valid Driver’s Licence (due to location and limited public transport)
- Be available to work full time hours Monday – Friday
- Have a desire to be trade qualified with a desire to learn
- Be reliable and committed with a "can do" attitude
- If you hold engineering skills or experience, these can be transferable to this industry due to the type of plant and equipment used.
- Recent school leavers or mature age applicants are encouraged to apply
Our host business is quickly growing and would like to commence the successful candidate soon. There is a skill shortage in this industry which means that your skills will be in high demand once you are qualified!
If you have a question, don’t hesitate to call Joh – Recruitment Consultant on 0418 935 905