All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
A new exciting opportunity has emerged for an Aluminium Welder to support the manufacturing team to deliver launch vehicles and satellites by executing quality and timely welding and other fabrication tasks. You will document and communicate across all stakeholders in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Weld, assemble, and fabricate various metal structures, sub-assemblies, and components to quality standards
- Read and interpret engineering and technical drawings, and follow detailed work instructions
- Meet tasking targets set by supervisor
- Check work after completion of each operation in job and/or completed job to ensure it is accurate per drawing
- Operate forklifts, cranes, and heavy equipment
- Perform blending, filing, and shearing of sheet metal piece parts
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
Skills and Experience:
- Level 3 Trade Qualification in Welding
- 5+ years of welding experience in Automotive, Marine or Aerospace
- 3+ years of experience TIG & MIG welding aluminium
- Experience TIG or MIG welding aluminium of greater than 5mm thickness
- National Welding ticket AS1796, 1-9
- Experience with AS 3992, ISO 9606 or ISO 5817
- Proficient in reading engineering drawings
- Knowledge and experience completing welds that pass visual inspection before being X-rayed or dye penned
- Experience with overhead cranes and forklifts
- Working in Confined Space
- Working Safely at Heights
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees' terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.