All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Want to build rockets on the Gold Coast? We’re recruiting welders to work on our rockets for the afternoon shift.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Weld, assemble, and fabricate various metal structures and sub-assembly components
- Read and interpret technical drawings, and follow detailed work instructions
- Check work after completion of each operation in job and/or completed job to ensure it is complete per drawing
- Operate heavy equipment
- Perform blending, filing, and shearing of sheet metal piece parts
Skills and Experience:
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Level 3 Trade Qualification in Welding
- Capable of obtaining and clearing a NV Level 1 Security Clearance
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- 5+ years of welding experience in Automotive, Marine or Aerospace
- Enjoy working with your hands to create quality results
- 3+ years of experience TIG & MIG welding aluminium
- Hard worker who enjoys contributing to team goals
- Proficient in blueprint reading and lay out
- Good time management skills and a strong sense of initiative
- Knowledge and experience completing welds that pass visual before being X-rayed or dye penned
- Ability to embrace change and try new ideas
- Experience with overhead cranes and forklifts
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.