All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting new opportunity has emerged for a Senior Salesperson to generate leads and close sales by developing and maintaining relationships with potential and existing non-government clients across the full range of Gilmour Space products and services. You will be the primary point of contact for all customers, providing timely support by leveraging your technical expertise to resolve complex challenges in support of business objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Generate leads and close sales for commercial launch services, satellites, and future products and services to achieve revenue goals.
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and potential clients during the sales process across many different prospects simultaneously.
- Support the development of sales forecasts to inform business strategies and planning.
- Act as a brand ambassador at events, conferences, symposiums, etc.
- Create and deliver presentations, statements of work, proposals, contracts, and quotes.
- Develop technical documents to support the sales process while liaising with internal engineering and program resources.
- Be a go-to internal technical resource for the Sales team, educating team members as well as current and prospective clients.
- Use product knowledge and technical skills to suggest and potentially develop product solutions for clients.
- Act with a sense of urgency and precision to give customers best-in-class pre-sales support in troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Solve problems quickly, develop automated solutions, and collaborate with internal resources to proactively improve the customer experience over time.
- Organise and support customer-facing launch campaign activities.
- Travel as required in support of the customer throughout the sales process, including select launch activities.
- Work cohesively with other team members and departments, including clearly communicating customer requirements and market feedback to shape product direction.
- Other duties as requested by Management.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field
- 5 years’ experience in a technical sales environment
- Evidence of exceptional ability
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create & present proposals and solutions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to multitask and handle high surges of work.
- A naturally helpful mindset, great attention to detail, and high technical aptitude.
- A can do, hands-on, get stuff done attitude and be a cross-functional team player.
- Experience in a start-up or a start-up mentality.
- Ability to effectively convey customer requirements to internal teams.
- Experience in aerospace systems engineering, including payload integration.
- Understanding of engineering and manufacturing.
- Understanding of orbital mechanics.
Policies and Procedures:
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees' terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.