All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting new opportunity has emerged for a Legal Counsel who is responsible for providing legal advice and assisting with compliance, contracts, and disputes.
The role is well-supported internally by legally-trained team members and with external counsel on retainer. As a generalist, the Legal Counsel must bring a broad experience from dealing with a range of commercial legal issues, be able to triage matters effectively, and be able to get quickly across new issues as they arise.
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Provide in-house legal support to executives and officeholders on legal matters.
- Provide advice on contracts, employment, regulatory, property, governance, and procurement matters.
- Draft and review contracts, leases, and other legal documents.
- Drafting and maintaining some policies and procedures.
- Support compliance to standards and regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with external legal firms as required.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in law
- Admitted to practice law in Queensland
- Minimum 3+ years post-admission experience
- Experience in-house across a wide variety of matters
- Commercial experience with a start-up preferred
- Clear and concise communication
- Able to work with non-lawyers to achieve outcomes
Policies and Procedures:
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees' terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.