All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting new opportunity has emerged for a Deputy Program Manager (Launch Vehicles) to contribute towards the achievement of the company’s overall business aims by supporting the Program Manager and ensuring programming alignment to the company’s strategic and operational objectives. You will assist in coordinating cross functional teams to deliver results against aggressive schedules, tight budgets, in a highly dynamic and evolving environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Work with key stakeholders to manage the overall performance of all department and program-related efforts
- Assist in managing schedule, budget, and documentation for launch vehicle programs throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Manage and continually evaluate development and production costs
- Communicate program goals internally and ensure appropriate assignment of resources
- Follow the progress of internal and external activities to ensure timelines are met
- Support regular review meetings with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate and communicate progress and issues
- Support the coordination and conduct of presentations and major system reviews
- Actively consult with relevant people and departments to ensure program activities are achieved and issues are resolved quickly
- Provide comprehensive reporting as required by the Program Manager
- Work with the Human Resource Department in the recruitment and training of employees
- Other duties as requested by Management
- Provide leadership, motivation, and direction in the day to day running of employees reporting to this position, ensuring it is managed effectively by setting clear targets / KPI’s and monitoring these in line with expectations
- To manage performance of the team, ensuring that any shortfalls in performance are managed and reported
- To ensure all workers are inducted and operate to the company’s policies/procedures including casuals, contractors & visitors on site
- To complete Performance Appraisals in line with Gilmour Space policy and procedures
- To ensure that the team receive adequate training and development necessary to meet the needs of the business
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or other related fields
Skills and Experience
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- 5+ years of experience in program management
- Excellent knowledge of program management processes
- Experience in strategy, development, and execution of plans/projects
- Working experience of Requirements Management, Configuration Management, ERP and MES systems
- Previous management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- The ability to work independently and part of teams
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation/requirements
- Advance level in Microsoft Office applications
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.