Bowls Australia (BA) is the national sporting organisation responsible for the leadership, development and management of Bowls in Australia. We are a not-for-profit organisation governed by a voluntary board that provides the strategic direction for the sport and the strategies that are implemented by the staff at the national office. BA's members are the nine state and territory bowls associations. There are over 1,800 clubs and over 690,000 participants nationwide. BA is affiliated with World Bowls and the Australian Commonwealth Games Association where it is a core sport in the Commonwealth Games held every four years.
As a member of the Bowls Australia Bowls Operations Team this position will provide direct assistance to Clubs to increase sustainability of the delivery network and grow the game of bowls. This includes areas such as:
- Business and strategic planning.
- Member and participant recruitment / retention.
- Funding and grants.
- Program development and delivery.
- Information technology.
- Volunteer strategies.
The Regional Bowls Manager is the on the ground liaison with Bowls Clubs, Regions / Zones / Districts and Local Government Authorities, therefore the role involves a significant amount of travel. The position works in partnership with the relevant State CEO to deliver both Bowls Australia and State initiatives.
The success of the program has been based on Team Members' living and understanding the intricacies of their region. As such, the successful applicant will live in one of the following areas: Metropolitan Perth, Mandurah, Busselton, Albany or Bunbury.
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge and / or interest in Bowls.
- Willingness to undertake significant travel on weekly basis.
- Ability to work from home.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding time management with ability to prioritise tasks to meet objectives.
- Ability to deal calmly and consistently with challenging situations utilising standard negotiation and conflict resolution techniques.
- Proficient in data entry, social media, word processing and diary management.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and demonstrate accountability.
- Aptitude to fit in with and form effective working relationships with a range of audiences.
- Current drivers licence.
Desirable attributes include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Sport Management and / or experience in the sports industry.
- Experience in business operations / management or accounting / finance.
The role will be home office based, with considerable travel around your region. You will be provided with a fully maintained vehicle, laptop, mobile phone, uniform and internet connection.
To apply for the role please take time to address the described criteria within your Cover Letter. Any questions regarding the role can be directed to email@example.com
Bowls Australia (BA) is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. BA requires all applicants who are to work with children and young people to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, a process that may include, but is not limited to, comprehensive reference checks, an identity check, a ‘working with children’ or equivalent check and/or a ‘national criminal history record’ check.
Closing date for applications is Friday 21st January 2022.