Waverley Christian College is a Christian co-educational school from Kinder to Year 12. We have been providing students with a quality Christian educational experience for over 40 years. With campuses in Wantirna South and Narre Warren South, Waverley Christian College will have an enrolment of over 2000 students across both campuses in 2022.
The Wantirna South Campus is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced part time (FTE 0.6) Laboratory Technician to commence at the start of Term 1, 2022.
Some of the duties required for this role include:
- Provision of general assistance of a supportive nature for teaching staff as directed
- Setting up experiments for teachers
- Care of fauna and flora
- Simple maintenance of equipment and materials
- Maintaining order and cleanliness of laboratories, stores and preparation areas
- Ensuring safe storage of chemicals in accordance to regulations
The successful applicant must:
- Be able to show a commitment to the values and ethos of Christian education
- Be willing to get involved in all aspects of the College’s programs and opportunities
- High level communication and interpersonal skills
Some of the benefits of working at Waverley Christian College include:
- A range of salary packaging options
- Flexible work opportunities
- Career and leadership professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Friendly and collegial community to work with
A commitment to the values and ethos of Christian education is essential. A Working with Children’s Check is mandatory. A Position Description is available on the College website www.wcc.vic.edu.au.
In alignment with Government regulations, it is a requirement that all staff members are fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine, unless they have a valid medical exemption. Proof of vaccination status or an original certified copy of a valid medical exemption will be required as part of the employment process.
Applicants are to include a Resume, Letter of Application, Pastoral Reference and completed online "Employment Application Form – Administration & Support staff". Your application is to be submitted via the College website - www.wcc.vic.edu.au under the Employment Tab. Applicants will need to provide three references.
Applications close: Friday, 21st January 2022
Enquiries: (03) 9871 8600
Quoting job number: 202201
Waverley Christian College is committed to protecting the interests and safety of our students. We have zero tolerance for child abuse. All staff are responsible for the safety, care and wellbeing of children.