Senior Propulsion Engineer - Spacecraft
All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting new opportunity has emerged for a Lead Propulsion Engineer - Spacecraft to lead the design and delivery of the propulsion system for the Gilmour Space crewed spacecraft.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Lead the design and development of the spacecraft propulsion system, from initial trade studies through to fully qualified flight hardware
- Demonstrate extreme ownership of sub-system deliverables against aggressive Program timelines
- Perform systems engineering tasks in-line with Gilmour Space Systems Engineering Plans
- Lead internal trade studies and design reviews to deliver a crewed spacecraft that meets the needs of the market
- Work closely with other Gilmour Space engineering teams to ensure seamless integration of all spacecraft sub-systems
- Consider Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DfMA) and Design for Maintainability (DfM) early in the deign process
- Other duties as requested by Management
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in an Engineering discipline
- 5 years’ experience in propulsion engineering
- Hands-on project experience in a fast-paced engineering environment
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Ability to work well in an integrated collaborative team environment, including frequent interactions with technicians, other engineers, and managers
- Highly self-motivated with strong organizational and written/oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and an ongoing drive for continuous improvement in all aspects of your work
- Ability to perform trade studies using engineering first principles to make clear recommendations, at times with incomplete information
- Experience with Onshape or similar CAD software
- Solid understanding and application of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) and tolerance stack-up analysis
- Familiarity with NASA-STD-3001 – NASA Spaceflight Human-System Standard
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees' terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
You have successfully applied for this job!