All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting new opportunity has emerged for a Construction Project Manager to lead and coordinate all aspects of the construction of the Gilmour Space Advanced Manufacturing Facility. You will serve as the primary point of contact for all internal and external stake holders. Ensure the on-time and on-budget completion of the project against aggressive targets. This is a 12-24 month contract based position for the duration of the project, as stipulated in the adjoining Employment Contract. The position availability is contingent on winning the associated grant funding.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Lead and coordinate all aspects of the construction of a 12,000m2 Advanced Manufacturing Facility and co-located 3,000m2 Common User Facility.
- Develop a network of partners to deliver the project on-time and on-budget
- Extract facility requirements from internal teams and work with external organizations to develop architectural and construction plans
- Work with applicable governments and regulatory agencies to ensure that all permitting is expedited
- Develop and report against a detailed project schedule and budget
- Generate a list of long-lead items and work with the Supply Chain team to accelerate their delivery as much as possible
- Monitor construction progress to ensure all legislative requirements are met
- Other duties as requested by Management
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s (BS) degree or trade qualification in relevant field
- 15 years’ relevant experience
- Demonstrated success in delivering complex construction projects
- Must be capable of obtaining and clearing a NV Level 1 Security Clearance
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in business (MBA) or relevant field
- Experience in constructing manufacturing facilities (or facilities with similar demands)
- Experience with the construction of ISO standard cleanrooms
- Demonstrated ability to influence government agencies to accelerate timelines
- Demonstrated ability to lead large teams to deliver complex projects
- Ability to foresee and mitigate risks before they impact a project
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (or similar)
Teamwork / Leadership / Interpersonal
- Leadership, motivational and/or negotiating skill
- Anticipates and responds to the needs of others
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution skills
- Proven Ability to prioritize and manage work demands and deliver outcomes
- Anticipates possible problems and proactively works to mitigate and solve
- Self-motivated, results oriented with a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to health and safety, quality assurance, continuous improvement, and environmental management
Supervisors / Managers
Supervisors / Managers of Gilmour Space are to undertake effective occupational health & safety measures to ensure compliance with WHS legislation. Performance criteria is to include but is not limited to:
- Disseminate Workplace Health and Safety information to staff relevant to the specific work area
- Ensure that employees have the information, instruction, training, and supervision to work safely
- Immediately advising the Work Health and Safety Officer of issues relating to WHS in their department and to continually review and make recommendations on ways in which Gilmour Space can improve WHS within their department
- Assist where required in providing/ensuring induction and refresher training is provided to ensure ability of staff to discharge allocated Workplace Health & Safety responsibilities including: hazards within the workplace, safe operating procedures, use and maintenance of PPE and safety equipment and emergency response procedures
- Ensuring all incidents / accidents are recorded and reported and that feedback on actions taken is communicated to employees in their department.
- Ensuring implementation of corrective action arising from accident/incident or hazard reporting and monitoring to ensure effectiveness.
- Supervise the Workplace health & safety aspects of work undertaken by staff within the work area
- Facilitate consultative processes regarding Workplace health and safety issues between management and staff
- Participating in and monitoring of risk assessments, hazard evaluation and implementation of hazard control measures within their work area as required
- Actively being involved with and promoting a clean and safe working environment
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.