- Exciting new ministry opportunity in the Mid West (Geraldton)
- Develop and grow new SU ministries
- Engage with local churches to grow mission in local communities
About Scripture Union Australia
Scripture Union Australia is an interdenominational Christian movement committed to providing Australian children, young people and families with opportunities to experience the transforming love of Jesus and to pursue a lifelong journey of discipleship.
SU Australia is part of the worldwide Scripture Union movement, a movement of Christians working with churches to make God’s Good News known to children, young people and families and to encourage people of all ages to meet God daily through Bible reading and prayer. (scriptureunion.org.au)
SU Australia is a charitable 'limited by guarantee' not-for-profit organisation comprising more than 900 staff and thousands of volunteers, working with churches and serving in communities in all states and territories across Australia.
All SU Australia staff and volunteers are empowered and equipped to champion a child safe culture and are committed to the highest standards of safety and care in our work with children, young people and families.
SU Australia in Western Australia
In Western Australia, we are seeking to appoint a part-time (2 days per week) Ministry Catalyst to develop and sustain ministry opportunities in the Mid West and surrounding areas on an 18 month fixed term contract (with scope to raise funds to continue the role further).
As a Ministry Catalyst, you will engage with children’s and youth ministers/pastors, churches and local Christian communities to connect them with and develop SU Australia programs. In this role, your objective will be to grow SU Australia and local church ministry and mission in the Mid West and its surrounding communities, providing support and skills where possible to support and encourage ministry to children, youth and families across the Mid West.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Qualifications and/or significant experience in ministry, youth work, leadership or related field
- Experience in a program development role, preferably within a not-for profit environment
- Understanding of working within a school context
- Experience in building, leading and maintaining a team
- Experience working across a range of Christian churches / denominations
- Demonstrated success in initiating and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- A valid driver's license
In order to be considered for this role, please complete your application including the following:
- Cover Letter – Clearly outlining how you meet the role requirements for our ideal candidate listed above, including your cultural fit within SU Australia. No more than two pages in total.
- Current CV.
Enquiries may be directed to Kent Morgan (Group Director West Zone) on 08 9371 9100 or email@example.com.
All staff and volunteers are required to hold a current Working With Children Check Card and operate under SU Australia’s ChildSafe framework. All employees are required to provide SU Australia with a National Police Records Check. Interested applicants will be referenced checked for their suitability for working with children and vulnerable people. Applicants will need to be able to comply with any Health Directions issued by the WA government from time to time.
(Recruitment agencies need not enquire or apply. Only direct candidate applications will be considered.)