- Passionate about developing quality holiday camps with an educational and missional emphasis?
- Have an eye for administrative detail and excellent relational skills?
- Do you want to use your leadership experience to make a difference in the lives of young people, families, schools and wider local communities?
- Full time position (or 4 days per week for the right candidate).
About Scripture Union Australia
Scripture Union Australia is an interdenominational Christian movement committed to providing Australian children, young people and families with opportunities to experience the transforming love of Jesus and to pursue a lifelong journey of discipleship.
SU Australia is part of the worldwide Scripture Union movement, a movement of Christians working with churches to make God’s Good News known to children, young people and families and to encourage people of all ages to meet God daily through Bible reading and prayer.
SU Australia is a charitable 'limited by guarantee' not-for-profit organisation comprising more than 900 staff and thousands of volunteers, working with churches and serving in communities in all states and territories across Australia.
All SU Australia staff and volunteers are empowered and equipped to champion a child safe culture and are committed to the highest standards of safety and care in our work with children, young people and families.
The SU Australia team in WA is a dedicated and passionate group, supporting dynamic and innovative ministry across the State. Our Holiday Camps Coordinator specifically operates in the administration, growth and delivery of SU Australia Holiday Camps. Reporting to the Regional Manager Ministry Leadership, we are seeking an experienced coordinator who can work across multiple projects, using their planning, administration, and relationship building skills to oversee our incredible Holiday Camps ministry.
Working as part of a team, you will nurture growth and development of current and new camps, promotion of camps, as well as the care and wellbeing of volunteers.
This role is full time, however a 4 day a week role will be considered for the right candidate.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Committed to providing quality camp programs
- Excellent administrative skills and keen eye for attention to detail
- Ability to grow and nurture healthy relationships with stakeholders and volunteers of all ages
- Experienced in leading teams and delivering camping programs
- Tertiary qualified in outdoor education or similar, youth work, social work, theology or equivalent
To be considered for this role, please complete your application including the following:
- Cover Letter - Clearly outlining how you meet the role requirements as listed above for our ‘ideal candidate’, including why you want to work with SU Australia and your cultural fit with our organisation. No more than two pages in total.
- Current CV
For all general enquiries please call either Craig Parker, Regional Manager Ministry Leadership, or Kent Morgan, Group Director, West Zone on (08) 9371 9100.
All staff and volunteers are required to hold a current Working With Children Check Card and operate under SU Australia’s ChildSafe framework. All employees are required to provide SU Australia with a National Police Records Check. Interested applicants will be referenced checked for their suitability for working with children and vulnerable people. Applicants will need to be able to comply with any Health Directions issued by the WA government from time to time.
(Recruitment agencies need not enquire or apply. Only direct candidate applications will be considered.)