Lead Mission Manager
All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Gilmour Space delivers a rapidly growing portfolio of products and services to a broad range of domestic and international customers, as the Lead Mission Manager, you are responsible to build and lead an exemplary team to deliver success for all our missions. You and your team will serve as a core point of contact for customers from early solution development through successful mission delivery. The Mission Management team serves as the mission specialists, performing all activities from pre-launch and mission analysis to operations on-orbit. Members of the team are true multi-disciplinarians, required to excel across a breadth of project and engineering functions including orbital mechanics, systems engineering, requirements definition and verification, integrated logistics support, schedule management, proposal development, and mission operations. You will document and communicate across teams to ensure duties are performed in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Lead and manage the Mission Management department supporting multiple products, services and missions across Gilmour Space to deliver mission objectives whilst meeting safety, quality, delivery, and cost targets
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop and validate missions
- Collaborate with other discipline and subsystem representatives across program and team boundaries to consider all necessary trades and ensure end-to-end mission success
- Develop and present technical content on complex designs, trade studies, risks, and issues
- Collaborate with program, engineering and production groups to understand vehicle and product readiness and how changes impact requirements, vehicle risk, launch and other key mission dates
- Coordinate and chair customer reviews and ensure that contract deliverables are delivered on time and per the customer's expectation, including taking responsibility for payment milestones
- Serve as the Mission Manager for major flight tests and/or milestone, including carrying end-to-end responsibility for mission success
- Influence and steer programmatic and technical development to meet the end objectives of current and future customer contracts and missions
- Work with the Gilmour Space launch vehicles launch campaign, launch operations teams and customers to develop integration and operations plans
- Lead new technical projects from proposal through completion
- Responsible for ensuring legislative and regulatory coordination is kept on schedule and facilitate generation of materials as required (such as Australian Space Agency launch permit applications, ACMA agreements and authorisations, transportation licences, customs and export licences/permits, etc.)
- Manage execution of sub-contracts, collaboration activities, and task agreements between customers
- Other duties as requested by Executive
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering with 5+ years of industry experience
- 5+ years of technical project management experience
- 4+ years of experience working hands-on with hardware or software technical projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with direct experience negotiating technical deliverables or scope
- Excellent negotiation, conflict resolution, and leadership skills
- Experience working with cross-functional team and external customers
- Highly detail oriented, diligent, hard working with excellent customer interface skills
- Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining an Australian Government NV Level 1 Security Clearance
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree in an engineering field
- 3-5 years of experience working with launch vehicles and or spacecraft
- Experience working with Australian Department of Defence, Australian Space Agency, or Other Government Agencies
Policies and Procedures:
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
You have successfully applied for this job!