- Gain a Nationally recognised qualification in a booming industry
Community Solutions currently have multiple full-time vacancies for Skilled Construction Worker Traineeships with Hall Contracting based on the Sunshine Coast. The successful candidates will receive a Certificate III in Civil Construction over a 3-year traineeship period. High performing trainee’s will be given the opportunity to continue as full-time employees, with career advancement at Hall Contracting once their traineeship is complete. Recent school leavers and mature age applicants are encouraged to apply.
Hall Contracting is one of our most valued host businesses on the Sunshine Coast, and is one of Australia’s largest privately owned dredging, civil and marine construction companies with offices in South East Asia, the Pacific Islands and Australia. With 70 years of Civil Experience, these multiple traineeships will be placed between Noosa and Pelican Waters with future interstate travel available.
In this entry level position, the successful candidates will be provided with in depth training as a Skilled Operator, working in pipe laying in the civil construction industry. This traineeship will involve:
- Learning to read plans and overviews, follow and implement as directed
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Identify, locate, and protect underground services
- Carry out manual excavation
- Install trench support
- Install Water Mains and storm water pipelines
- Drain and dewater civil constructions sites
- Working outdoors in variable weather conditions
- Hold (or willing to obtain) a construction White Card
- Hold a current manual driver’s licence
- Have a can-do positive attitude
- Be available to work Monday – Friday between 6:30am – 5pm
- Can provide two work or school related references
- Successful candidates will be required to pass an aptitude test and a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol testing.
Community Solutions is a non-for-profit organisation operating as a commercial business, providing apprentices and trainees to a variety of different businesses throughout the Sunshine Coast and Brisbane. We provide apprentices and trainees important career guidance and opportunity to earn while they learn. Dedicated Field Officers are assigned to apprentices and trainees to provide ongoing support to completing their chosen trade qualification.
What can we offer you?
- A weekly wage paid to you directly by Community Solutions
- Leave entitlements inc. Annual Leave and Personal Leave
- Mentoring, ongoing support and regular visits from your committed Field Officer
- Ability to obtain a certification and vast range of industry skills and experience
- An Employee Assistance Program - a free and confidential phone-based counselling service available
So, what's next...
If this is the opportunity for you, the click ‘Apply Now’ below. Please note, if you have recently completed a Cert III in Civil Construction or higher, you may not qualify for this traineeship.
We can't wait to hear from you!
"We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer, and we commit to respond to every applicant"
Got a question?
Contact Chloe or Joh at GTOrecruitment@communitysolutions.org.au