We are seeking two savvy Systems Engineers to join our global technology team.
- Full-Time Position
- Role Flexibility - Remote, office or hybrid – enjoy the flexibility of working from home or from our office based in Reading
- Generous Allowance for on-call availability plus the opportunity to grow your career or take on leadership roles
- Fast, sane hiring process, which includes a quick phone screen and a 90 min interview with some of our software engineers. No quizzes or assessments. Successful candidates are typically hired within a week of applying
- Working as part of a global team that keeps our systems running for our clients, which span elite sporting teams (such as the English cricket team), Olympic committees, National Sporting Organisations, and the Military
- Collaboration with engineers based in Australia and New Zealand to ensure the high service availability of our systems
If you are willing to work within different time zones, then apply now for this permanent, full-time position based in the UK.
- Work closely with other engineers to maintain infrastructure; striving to ensure it is robust, reliable, and meets the changing needs of the business
- Collaboratively work with stakeholders to schedule & plan updates, upgrades, and software releases in a way that minimally impacts service availability for customers
- Detect and respond to incidents, providing regular & quality updates to stakeholders; learn from incidents and advocate for & implement mitigations
- Perform operational tasks including creating new instances for clients, decommissioning servers, and configuring new connections with third parties
- Foster the engineering culture of knowledge sharing; create, maintain, and update documentation of our existing systems
- Diagnose system problems, design and implement solutions, identify opportunities for improvement
You should have:
- 3 + years of experience with cloud infrastructure engineering on AWS
- Leverage cloud engineering expertise for a specific Cloud Service Provider (e.g. AWS)
- Previous experience administering Linux based servers
- Experience with Cloud Automation Development Tool such as Git, CircleCI, Ansible, Infrastructure as Code technologies like AWS CloudFormation or Terraform, Python/Bash/Powershell Scripting
- Proficiency in SQL
- Previous experience in on or more Infrastructure or Application Development domains such as Network Engineering, IaaS Engineering, DevSecOps, Automation Tools Engineering
- Exposure to Kubernetes/Docker with an operational perspective
- Familiarity with Pager Duty and Statuscake or equivalent
- Understanding of Log shipping tools like Logz and Kibana or equivalent
- Understanding of crucial AWS networking infrastructure, such as routing tables and VPC’s
What we Offer:
- £45 – £50 k + On-call Allowance
- Employee Reward and Recognition
- Individual Professional Development Budget
- Excellent work culture with monthly events
- Flexible Working
- Paid Holiday Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
Fusion Sport is a global leader in human performance software. Our customers include national sporting federations, Olympic committees and many of the world’s highest profile sporting teams. Increasing our platform is used in the performing arts, in the military, and across hundreds of organizations striving to optimize performance outcomes. With a commitment to engineering excellence and a passion for human performance, the Fusion Sport team are recognized globally for their innovation in the sector and for providing the benchmark analytics platform for the world’s leading athletes. Venture capital funded, and with offices in Australia, UK and the US, we are driven by an uncompromising passion for delivering the best products in the market.
- Please submit a brief cover letter & your most up-to-date resume for consideration
- A National Police Check will be required to be completed for this role due to our Military clients
- If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact our People and Culture team on email@example.com
Fusion Sport is a proactive equal opportunity employer, and a company that seeks to find great people, even if they don’t "fit the mould" according to formal job descriptions or traditional corporate environments. If you feel you don’t quite fit the exact job description requirements listed here but can still bring something great to Fusion, please apply!
*A not from the Fusion Sport HR Team to recruitment firms: We politely ask that you avoid making any approaches or sending any unsolicited resumes to our HR team or Hiring Leaders across our business. Fusion Sport will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.