All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Want to build rockets on the Gold Coast? We’re recruiting a Propulsion Engineer to work on our rockets.
Why you should join our mission:
Our dedicated team is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change in a dynamic environment. This role also offers:
- Proudly working and contributing towards an Australian owned rocket launch company.
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven to become the largest sovereign space employer in Australia.
- Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity, bringing your new bold ideas and being a part of Australia’s space history.
- Thrive and expand your skills and knowledge in an innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Assist in the design hardware suitable for flight on a rocket motor system
- Assist in developing and testing rocket engines and other launch vehicle components
- Assist in the assembling, fitting, and functional testing of systems for flight and ground testing
- Undertake research relating to propulsion system optimization
- Undertake environmental testing of components for ground and flight systems (i.e. vibration, pressure, thermal and structural)
- Analyse and interpret data collected during testing
- Other duties as requested by Management
Skills and Experience:
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors (BS) degree in an Engineering discipline
- Must be capable of obtaining and clearing a NV Level 1 Security Clearance
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- Ability to provide and acquire good working knowledge of the propulsion industry
- Enjoy working with your hands to create quality results
- Ability to aid in the identification of company facilities for assembly and production to enable manufacturing efficiency
- Good understanding and experience in CAD, SolidWorks preferred
- Ability to work independently and part of teams
- Good time management skills and a strong sense of initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to embrace change and try new ideas
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.