All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Are you an Electrical Engineer Graduate who would love to work on rockets? Well the successful candidate will demonstrate their willingness to learn new things about data and control systems and collaborate with the engineering teams to develop safe and user-friendly control systems in support of R&D and production testing. This includes designing, building, and maintaining data and control systems consisting of various data acquisition and control hardware, wiring and interface harnesses, and other required instrumentation. Within this role, you will be required to document and communicate across teams to ensure duties are performed in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position.
- Design and test software applications for PLCs and National Instruments DAQ systems which facilitate real time control and visualisation of rocket engine testing systems
- Work with various engineering departments across multiple disciplines to understand testing requirements, and design and build flexible and user-friendly data and control systems to support test campaigns
- Formulate detailed plans for electrical technicians that describe wiring harnesses and industrial electrical enclosures for data acquisition and control systems
- Assemble and configure extra-low-voltage automation systems hardware
- Adapt existing control systems to new and rapidly evolving requirements
- Integrate new instrumentation hardware to existing data acquisition systems
- Ensure that the leadership team and stakeholders are kept informed of critical path progress of plans and any variations
- Provide hands on assistance to test engineers at remote testing facilities when required
- Other duties as requested by Management
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Class C licence
- Must be capable of obtaining and clearing a NV Level 1 Security Clearance
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a similar role (i.e. building industrial control and test systems using PLCs and National Instruments software)
- Demonstrated familiarity with PLCs and ladder logic (experience with IDEC, Rockwell or Siemens preferred)
- Strong understanding of NI data acquisition systems software (NI Flexlogger) and hardware (NI cDAQ platform)
- Experience interpreting piping and instrumentation diagrams for fluid systems
- Strong understanding of industrial pressure, temperature, and flow measurement instrumentation
- Hands on experience with both designing and building sensor wiring harnesses and industrial electrical enclosures
- Basic practical metalworking and control cabinet construction and installation skills
- Sound understanding of networking protocols such as TCP/IP and UDP
- Understanding of EMI and signal noise mitigation techniques
- Knowledge of Python and similar scripting languages
- Proven history of taking initiative to improve existing systems with minimal guidance
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.