All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Do you want to design Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) Systems for rockets? Well 3x GNC Engineer Graduate roles have just opened on the Gold Coast. The GNC Engineer Graduate will design algorithms and implement flight-critical software for rocket systems that will deliver satellites to orbit. You will work with a talented team of engineers to design, develop, analyse, test and operate launch vehicles, and their subsystems, with the aim of ensuring highly reliable flight. You will work across teams to ensure duties are performed in an efficient and timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work
performed in this position.
- Develop and test innovative Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) systems for launch vehicles.
- Perform testing and analysis of GNC systems, including hardware-in-the-loop
(HITL) testing, Monte Carlo analysis, integration testing and unit testing.
- Analyse launch vehicle trajectories, flight stability and algorithm performance.
- Assist in developing verification and validation procedures to ensure software
products will perform as specified to meet system and subsystem requirements.
- Support post-flight data review and analyses for the continuous improvement of
- Support launch vehicle ground test, launch and mission operations.
- Other duties as requested by Management.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s (B.S.) degree in Mechatronics, Electrical, or Aerospace / Aeronautical Engineering or relevant STEM degree.
- Experience with the design, implementation and test of GNC algorithms.
- Must be capable of obtaining and clearing a NV Level 1 Security Clearance.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Proficient in MATLAB, SIMULINK and C++ software development.
- Demonstrated experience with developing and tuning GNC algorithms.
- Experience with control systems, orbital mechanics, classical dynamics,
aerodynamics, sensors and actuators, modelling and simulation.
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced,
challenging work environment.
- Have a passion for advancing the commercial space industry.
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees' terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.