TORGAS are looking for candidates who have a genuine interest in Welding and Metal Fabrication and have a long-term goal of completing an Engineering Apprenticeship to be trade qualified.
Successful participants in this program are PAID (in accordance with a trainee award wage) over 13 weeks and will be required to work (5) days a week (38 hours). 10 weeks will be at the Townsville TAFE (Bohle Campus), including up to 3 weeks of work experience. A Certificate 1 in Engineering will be gained on completion.
Eligibility to Apply:
- Genuine Interest and commitment to an Engineering Career
- The full rights to work in Queensland
- Junior and mature age welcome to apply
- Have left school
- Must not have completed a Certificate I in Engineering
- No previous experience required
- Full time wages including entitlements
- Work for a company that prides itself on its commitment to safety
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- PPE provided
So what's next...
If this is the opportunity for you, the click ‘Apply Now’ below.
Additionally, in line with the direction from the State Government, all authorised workers defined under the Queensland Public Health Order will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 from 15 December 2021. Community Solutions also requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Application Close Monday the 25th of July 2022
Program Begins Monday 22nd of August 2022
"We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer, and we commit to respond to every applicant"