All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting new opportunity has emerged for a talented Launch Site Operations Electrical Engineer (ICE) to be responsible for providing engineering support for design, operation, and troubleshooting of facility instrumentation, control system and electrical components and systems, while overseeing ICE installations and maintenance activities with Gilmour Space personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Work in a team environment with other engineering disciplines to provide detailed instrumentation, control system and electrical design and specification for the installation of the following equipment and systems:
- Electrical power distribution systems
- Switchgear and motor control centres
- Exterior and interior lighting
- Ground support system controls and logic
- Uninterruptible power supply (UPS) units
- Standby and emergency generators
- Automatic transfer switches
- Power monitoring hardware and software
- Data/phone distribution and wiring
- Building and site grounding systems
- Fire alarm systems and lightning protection systems
- Provide electrical engineering support to facility technicians to troubleshoot existing electrical equipment and controllers.
- Provide engineering support for the design, operation, and troubleshooting of all the facility electrical components and systems, including: Load flow analysis of electrical power distribution systems, Electrical equipment evaluation, Building and facility equipment grounding and Power monitoring hardware and software.
- Ensure that all equipment interfaces properly with other mechanical and electrical systems, including compatibility with facility power budgets.
- Coordinate all electrical installations and maintenance activities with Gilmour Space personnel and contractors.
- Manage compliance of instrument, control and electrical installations with local and international design and operation codes.
- Other duties as requested by Management.
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- 3+ years of professional experience in a similar role
- RPEQ or the ability to apply
- Evidence of exceptional ability
Desired Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Ability to read, draft and understand power and control schematics
- Ability to read, draft and understand highly technical equipment operation and maintenance (O&M) manuals
- Experience with medium/high voltage systems
- Experience with control panel design and production
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Knowledge of safety procedures and techniques.
- High level of self-motivation, with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.