All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting new role has emerged for a Welding Engineer to perform welding engineering for space-based applications. You will document and communicate across all stakeholders in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Assist in the design, development and manufacturability of welding manufacturing processes including quality control processes
- Developing welding systems and procedures per requirements
- Contribute to design reviews by providing input in weld design for manufacturability, testability, yield improvements, supplier capabilities assessments, quality control, etc.
- Liaising with engineers, technicians, and welders to co-ordinate optimum welding manufacturing
- Prepare engineering documentation necessary for the transition from development to production including manufacturing processes, standards, assembly procedures, test procedures, standard operating procedures, bills of materials, suitable alternate parts lists and mechanical drawings
- Contribute to designs when necessary in response to manufacturing issues, parts/material obsolescence, and system requirement changes
- Lead continuous improvement efforts of established product to reduce issues, decrease manufacturing time, and lower costs
- Perform structured root cause analysis of in-process failures
- Using engineering judgement in troubleshooting and investigating anomalies
- Developing reports and other verification documentation and analysis
- Developing risk assessments and adhering to safety protocols
- Maintaining configuration management and traceability of flight critical hardware
- Performing other integration and activities as required in a rigorous, repeatable manner to a set standard or procedure
- Ability to work independently, under broad direction from qualification lead
- Other duties as requested by management
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline (Mechatronics, Avionics, Electrical)
- Experience with writing test procedures, test campaign execution, collection of test data and preparation of test reports
- Understanding of the validation process and requirements verification
- Ability to interpret and test to industry standards
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Capable of obtaining and maintaining an Australian Government NV 1 Level Security Clearance
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the conduct and preparation of environmental and EMC tests
- Experience in developing highly configurable and flexible test systems
- Familiarity with data acquisition systems
- Experience with Linux environment
- An exposure to C/C++, electronics, and embedded programing
- An understanding of networking protocols
- Familiarity with ESD protection, procedures and devices
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.