All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Have you ever wanted to work with rockets on the Gold Coast? Well an exciting new opportunity has opened for a Mechanical Engineer Graduate (Launch Operations) who will work with multidisciplinary engineering teams to design mechanisms, structures, test hardware for ground and space segment systems, as required by the schedule. You will also be responsible for documenting and communicating designs, seeking appropriate design approvals, and engaging internally and externally with with manufacturing resources to build and commission designs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position.
- Design custom mechanical and fluids hardware and maintain existing documentation.
- Support design and design ground segment fluids filling systems and vehicle support structures and mechanisms using CAD and FEA software.
- Support design and design mechanical ground support equipment to aid integration and test.
- Review specifications and other data integrate mechanical packages and produce O&M documentation for new equipment.
- Create drawings, calculations, reports, and project documentation to support design, test and commissioning of new mechanical ground segment and vehicle support structures.
- Operate and maintain ground segment and vehicle support structure equipment.
- Other duties as requested by management.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Mechatronics, or Structural Engineering.
- 1+ years of mechanical or structural design and drafting experience (including internships or personal projects).
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability to use 3D and 2D CAD to manage large assembly models and drawings.
- Solid understanding and application of fluids and mechanisms.
- Ability to work well in an integrated team including daily interactions with technicians, engineers, and managers.
- Creative problem solver that can bring multiple disciplines together.
- Self-motivated with strong multi-tasking, organizational, communication and documentation skills
- Works well under pressure.
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.