- Ongoing part-time 0.8FTE position, 4 days per week
- Supportive team environment, based at Garnsey Campus, Sale
- Opportunity for further development
Gippsland Grammar provides an outstanding contemporary, holistic education where our community has a shared understanding of what we learn, how we learn and who we teach. Our School culture is centred around our core values of Compassion, Leadership, Excellence, Responsibility and Respect and develops people of character who act with integrity and wisdom.
We are seeking an outstanding and enthusiastic individual to assist in the provision of library services in the Information Services Centre commencing as soon as possible.
You will assist in the acquisition, organisation and maintenance of library resources, support staff and students in resource retrieval,support integration of technology into the school curriculum, along with assist in the marketing of the information services centre and associated resources.
A friendly, approachable manner, excellent communication and organisational skills along with the ability to work cohesively in a team environment is essential. Ideally you will hold qualifications or prior experience in library services, or seek to undertake study in this field. An active interest in young adult fiction and reading, along with a general interest in world affairs is desirable to best support the ongoing learning of our students.
Gippsland Grammar is a child safe environment. Every child has a right to be safe, and at the School, we take a zero-tolerance approach to any behaviours that jeopardise student safety (including child abuse and reportable conduct). As such, preferred applicants will be subject to child protection screening, background and reference checks, verification of identity checks and must adhere to the School’s child safe practices, as outlined in the Child Protection Program policies on the School’s website.
To meet the School's obligations under the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Directives, offers of employment are subject to provision of acceptable evicence of vaccination or excemption status.
See the position description below for specific information regarding the requirements, duties and responsibilities for this position or visit www.gippslandgrammar.vic.edu.au to find out more.
Applications close Friday 10 June 2022.
Applications must include:
- A Covering letter that states why you are applying for the position and addresses the key selection criteria (contained within the position description). Please note this should not exceed four pages.
- A current resume or Curriculum Vitae outlining your personal and contact details, qualifications, relevant work history (including dates/period of employment and summary of duties and responsibilities), education and professional memberships (maximum three pages).
- Name and contact details for three work related referees (note it is possible during the recruitment process you are asked for a fourth – particularly if you have not listed your current manager as a referee).
When submitting your application you will be asked for all of the items listed above and will be provided with the opportunity to upload copies of other relevant documents such as copies of qualifications or evidence of Working with Children Check or VIT registration. Please ensure you have all of this ready prior to commencing your online application as you cannot save your application midway through the online application process.
Only persons with unlimited rights to work in Australia need apply.
To apply online, please click on the green APPLY link. For a confidential discussion, please contact Emilie Davine on 03 5143 6388.
You have successfully applied for this job!