- Hosted at a Government Organisation
- Gain a Nationally recognised certificate
- Brisbane City location – Close to public transport
- Immediate start with competitive traineeship hourly rate!
Who We Are?
Community Solutions is a non-for-profit organisation operating as a commercial business, providing apprentices and trainees to a variety of different businesses throughout the Sunshine Coast and Brisbane. We provide apprentices and trainees important career guidance and opportunity to earn while they learn. Dedicated Field Officers are assigned to apprentices and trainees to provide ongoing support to completing their chosen trade qualification.
Based in Brisbane City, our host business is a government agency that manages the government fleet of vehicles. This is an awesome opportunity to work in a supportive and energetic office environment and gain hands on experience, with allocated time on the job to compete the certificate requirements of study.
The successful Candidate will:
- participate as an effective team member and provide support to colleagues to ensure work priorities are met
- utilise a broad range of software programs and systems
- develop skills and experience in a range of administrative support services including but not limited to information handling and records management, designing and producing business documents (spreadsheets and presentations), data entry, scanning and photocopying
- attend to telephone and email enquiries in a courteous manner, ensuring requests for information and services are dealt with promptly and professionally
- follow induction processes and meet expectations under the Code of Conduct
- ensure compliance with organisational policies and procedures including workplace health and safety requirements
- undertake other duties as directed, accept and act on constructive feedback in a positive manner.
What will you bring to the role?
Our team will help you develop during the traineeship, but there are some minimum requirements and key traits we’re looking for:
- Foundation knowledge of office administration
- Sound knowledge and application of Microsoft Office
- Higher School Certificate or similar qualification.
- Strong attention to detail
- High work ethic and professionally presented
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Strong people skills and a customer focus/service background
- Reliable, punctual and have a good attendance record
- Provide two references
- Successful candidates will participate in a pre-employment medical and Drug & Alcohol test
- Pass a Police Check
What can we offer you?
- A Fortnight wage paid to you directly by Community Solutions
- Leave entitlements inc. Annual Leave and Personal Leave
- Mentoring, ongoing support and regular visits from your committed Field Officer
- Ability to obtain a certification and vast range of industry skills and experience
- An Employee Assistance Program - a free and confidential phone-based counselling service available
So what's next...
If this is the opportunity for you, the click ‘Apply Now’ below. Please note, if you have recently completed a Cert III in Business Administration or higher, you may not qualify for this traineeship. You must also be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Additionally, in line with the direction from the State Government, all authorised workers defined under the Queensland Public Health Order will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 from 15 December 2021. Community Solutions also requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
We can't wait to hear from you, recent school leavers are encouraged to apply!
"We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer, and we commit to respond to every applicant"