All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Want to build rockets on the Gold Coast? We’re recruiting a Quality Inspector to work on our rockets.
Why you should join our mission:
Our dedicated team is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change in a dynamic environment. This role also offers:
- Proudly working and contributing towards an Australian owned rocket launch company.
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven to become the largest sovereign space employer in Australia.
- Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity, bringing your new bold ideas and being a part of Australia’s space history.
- Thrive and expand your skills and knowledge in an innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Inspect supplied product according to the applicable drawing and or work order specifications to verify that it conforms to all design requirements
- Perform repetitive inspection following standardized methods
- Perform first article inspections, and production inspections
- Communicate help resolve quality related issues
- Document production non-conformances in accordance with prescribed procedures and processes
- Support quality management system policies and procedure documentation, assess compliance to company and industry standards, initiate and lead continual improvement and Lean manufacturing initiatives
- Create, maintain, and verify CMM programs used for the measurements of manufactured and supplied parts
Skills and Experience:
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Level 3 Trade qualification in Aerospace, Fitting, or similar trade
- 3+ years of quality inspection experience in Aviation or related field
- Must be capable of obtaining and clearing a NV Level 1 Security Clearance
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- ISO 9001/AS9100 inspection experience
- Hard worker who enjoys contributing to team goals
- CMM experience
- Solid computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Good time management skills and a strong sense of initiative
- Ability to detect design and drawing flaws
- Ability to embrace change and try new ideas
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specification
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.