All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Have you ever wanted to work with rockets? Well, an exciting new opportunity has emerged for a Test Technician who will be based near Toowoomba to support the Propulsion Test Team to ensure the smooth running of the rocket motor test infrastructure. You will document and communicate across all stakeholders in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Set up and assist in the operation of rocket motor tests
- Build and maintain data acquisition, electrical and instrumentation equipment required to support propulsion testing
- Install instrumentation, including strain gauges, thermocouples, and pressure transducers
- Complete mechanical setup of rocket motor test stands, including electrical, pneumatic and fluids connections
- Work with the Propulsion Test Team to follow and contribute to test procedures and safety processes
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Level 3 Trade qualification in Aircraft Maintenance Engineer – Avionics, Electrotechnology, Engineering, or similar trade
- 2+ years of experience working with and troubleshooting electrical or mechanical systems (professional work experience or personal project experience will be considered)
- 2+ years of experience using power tools, hand tools, or heavy equipment
- The requirement to work remotely in the field/outdoors
- The requirement to pass a medical examination
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with and troubleshooting electrical and data acquisition systems, complex mechanical systems, high pressure fluid/pneumatic systems, or heavy equipment, ideally within the aerospace industry.
- Experience using power tools, hand tools, and calibrated tooling.
- Must have exceptional time management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of temperature, pressure, and flow measurement devices, mechanical and electrical systems, and propulsion engines. Skill in operating and manipulating machinery with great manual dexterity.
- Experience with forklifts, cranes, and heavy equipment.
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a fast-paced, challenging work environment.
- It is essential to have the skills to work efficiently in a team environment and should have a desire and willingness to assist other team members in the general day to day running of the department.
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.