Control Systems Engineer
All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Want to build rockets on the Gold Coast? We’re recruiting a Control Systems Engineer to work on our rockets.
Why you should join our mission:
Our dedicated team is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change in a dynamic environment. This role also offers:
- Proudly working and contributing towards an Australian owned rocket launch company.
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven to become the largest sovereign space employer in Australia.
- Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity, bringing your new bold ideas and being a part of Australia’s space history.
- Thrive and expand your skills and knowledge in an innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Design and test software applications for PLCs and National Instruments DAQ systems which facilitate real time control and visualisation of rocket engine testing systems
- Work with various engineering departments across multiple disciplines to understand testing requirements, and design and build flexible and user-friendly data and control systems to support test campaigns
- Formulate detailed plans for electrical technicians that describe wiring harnesses and industrial electrical enclosures for data acquisition and control systems
- Assemble and configure extra-low-voltage automation systems hardware
- Adapt existing control systems to new and rapidly evolving requirements
- Integrate new instrumentation hardware to existing data acquisition systems
- Ensure that the leadership team and stakeholders are kept informed of critical path progress of plans and any variations
- Provide hands on assistance to test engineers at remote testing facilities when required
- Other duties as requested by Management
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role (i.e. building industrial control and test systems using PLCs and National Instruments software)
- Demonstrated familiarity with PLCs and ladder logic (experience with IDEC, Rockwell or Siemens preferred)
- Hands on experience with both designing and building sensor wiring harnesses and industrial electrical enclosures
- Proven history of taking initiative to improve existing systems with minimal guidance
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Class C licence
- Must be capable of obtaining and clearing a NV Level 1 Security Clearance
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- Strong understanding of NI data acquisition systems software (NI Flexlogger) and hardware (NI cDAQ platform)
- Confident in interpreting piping and instrumentation diagrams for fluid systems
- Ability to embrace change and challenges whilst actioning new ideas
- Strong understanding of industrial pressure, temperature, and flow measurement instrumentation
- Confidence in performing basic practical metalworking and control cabinet construction and installation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated in performing required tasks
- Sound understanding of networking protocols such as TCP/IP and UDP
- Understanding of EMI and signal noise mitigation techniques
- Knowledge of Python and similar scripting languages
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
You have successfully applied for this job!