All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Want to build rockets on the Gold Coast? We’re recruiting a Lead Launch Operations Engineer to work on our rockets.
Why you should join our mission:
Our dedicated team is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change in a dynamic environment. This role also offers:
- Proudly working and contributing towards an Australian owned rocket launch company.
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven to become the largest sovereign space employer in Australia.
- Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity, bringing your new bold ideas and being a part of Australia’s space history.
- Thrive and expand your skills and knowledge in an innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Take responsibility of all launch equipment.
- Facilitate development of Launch Location and site development.
- Enable production to integration for vehicle processing.
- Enable Integration of payload processing.
- Enable systems, plans and procedures for launch management.
- Enable and execute systems, plans and procedures for launch recovery.
- Co-ordinate and collaborate with logistics functions, ensuring optimal logistics operations.
- Optimising resources, schedules, and risk for the vehicle and payload. processing, launch and recovery operations by creating and managing systems, plans and procedures to enable capability.
- Identify operational challenges within the organisation through operational surveillance, lead problem formulation, and develop creative and effective solutions.
- Continually identify improvement for processes, safety, cost effectiveness.
- Leverage operational surveillance data to identify trends, propose leading indicators, and provide predictive information to steer executive decisions.
- Collaborate with cross-departmental partners in supply chain, engineering, operations, and accounting groups to maximise launch rate.
- Other duties as necessary and requested by Management.
Skills and Experience:
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- 5 years’ experience leading a team.
- Able to work well in and lead an integrated team, including daily interactions with technicians, engineers, and managers.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- Works well under pressure.
- Experience working at a launch site.
- Strong sense of initiative
- Ability to embrace change and try new ideas
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.