Want to join us?
Want to be part of a Board that is focused on a future where gender equality is a reality?
YWCA Australia is currently inviting candidates to nominate for the 2022 election process with two director positions available.
What we’re looking for
YWCA is seeking Directors with experience in one or both of the following areas and ask that applicants address these skills within their cover letter:
- Commercial Sector skills: Strong business acumen with experience working in a commercial entity and demonstrated understanding of the drivers which ensure the sustainability and impact of an organisation.
- Homelessness Sector skills: Knowledge of the homelessness service sector, research and evidence, relevant national and state policy, reforms and funding cycles.
These skills may have been gained through life, work or education experiences and may still be in progress.
YWCA is seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We strongly encourage Young Women, non-binary individuals and Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people to apply for these positions.
The YWCA Australia Board is a skills-based board currently made up of 11 Directors, 60% of whom are elected by the Members with the balance being appointed by the Board. We are constitutionally required to have 1/3 of our Directors as Young Women and seek to exceed this target. Directors of the YWCA Australia Board are appointed as directors of three companies limited by guarantee, YWCA Australia and its subsidiaries, YWCA Housing and YWCA National Housing. Each entity is a charity registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profit Commission. There are two Board established Committees:
- Finance, Audit and Risk Committee
- Nominations Committee
As a Director you may be asked to join one of those Committees to offer your expertise or as a learning experience.
Applicants must be eligible to be appointed as a Director within the requirements of the Constitution (including be an Ordinary or Life Member of YWCA Australia), the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) (including being 18 or above) and the ACNC Act.
If you are not already a member of YWCA Australia – join here for free.
How to apply:
- Create a Cover Letter setting out why you wish to be appointed to the YWCA Australia Board and address each Selection Criteria individually.
- Attach your Cover Letter and resume
Nomination period closes 21 August 2022 at 11:59pm AEST .