All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
This is an opportunity to be a key architect in shaping and developing the next phase of a progressive and dynamic company. Focusing on leadership with a strategic project focus for continual improvement of performance, efficiency, and costs where it relates supply chain.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position.
- Integrating the Supply Chain and Logistics functions to maximise efficiencies and deliver performance excellence across the Company
- Provide key guidance, ongoing mentoring, and support for 3 direct reports, collaborating to set and manage KPIs and operational strategies for Supply Chain
- Introduce best practice in forecasting /demand planning, stock optimisation and procurement processes to deliver operational efficiencies and ensure adequate supplies as the Company moves into mass production phase with critical path timelines and ongoing design improvements
- Empowering direct reports to take ownership of their roles, with particular emphasis on facilitating a culture of service with risk minimisation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Analyse data from shipping and delivery processes to locate and resolve bottlenecks and other issues
- Ensure all supply chain requirements both internal and external are carried out in-line with company expectations, cost-effectively and on time.
- Work with key stakeholders to forecast demand and create supply chain plans that ensure availability of materials and/or products in support of R&D and production activities
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other departments such as Finance, Manufacturing and WHS&E
- Provide weekly reporting in-line with management requirements
- Develop Supplier Quality standards and implement an auditing process at key suppliers
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements
- Ensures that the leadership team and stakeholders are kept informed of projects, plans and any variations
- Identify opportunities to reuse or recycle materials to minimise consumption of new materials and/or minimize waste
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping and where poor systems impinge on this, review and change so that improvement can be achieved
- Other duties as requested by Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or other related fields
- 10+ years leadership experience in a competitive supply chain environment
Skills and Experience:
- Possess exceptional communication skills with the ability to adapt to the specific audience (internal vs external stakeholders)
- Demonstrate a strategic approach with practical experience with utilising technology to enhance productivity while maintaining a positive, friendly, and engaged culture across the workforce
- High level of proficiency with Excel, Microsoft suites and ERP software
- Demonstrated ability to taka an entrepreneurial approach with the capacity to introduce new ideas and challenge the status quo
- Proven analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent knowledge of supply chain processes
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- The ability to work independently and part of teams
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation/requirements
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.