All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
As the Avionics Engineer, you will specify, design, develop, test, integrate and support the avionics systems that are being built, and other supporting systems that will be used to deliver satellites into orbit. You will work within a team of talented engineers to develop systems that ensure highly reliable flight and mission success. Work across teams to ensure duties are performed in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position.
- Participate in the design of electronic and electrical systems for the Launch Vehicle, ground support systems and test infrastructure.
- Perform design, analysis, prototyping, manufacturing and testing for new development systems.
- Perform requirements analyses, component selection, procurement, integration and test for commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) equipment.
- Partner with software, GNC, mechanical, integration, test, manufacturing and production teams to deliver fully functional systems and products.
- Support avionics development through test, production, integration and flight operations.
- Perform systems engineering to ensure designs meet all requirements.
- Drive innovation to improve reliability and capabilities while minimising cost and schedule.
- Other duties as requested by Management.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering – Electronic, Mechatronics, Aerospace or a related field.
- 2 + years’ experience within the aerospace or similar industry
- Current Negative Vetting 2 Security Clearance is preferred, but we are open to the right candidate with a Current Negative Vetting 1 (must be willing to upgrade)
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience of professional experience with electrical engineering design/test.
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Great understanding of common communication protocols e.g. CAN bus, ethernet, SPI etc.
- Experience with hands on testing and debugging electronics.
- Experience with scripting and programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Matlab and Python, bash).
- Understanding of common standards and best practices for designing hardware for space applications.
- Experience with PCB design software (Altium preferred).
- Experience with lab testing of both developmental and production-level PCB’s.
- Experience with sensors, networks and telemetry systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work autonomously in a demanding startup atmosphere.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and organisational skills.
Policies and Procedures:
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
You have successfully applied for this job!