All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Want to build rockets on the Gold Coast? We’re recruiting a Electrical Technician to work on our rockets.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Electronic / Electrical Assembly
- Electrical circuit Fault finding and diagnosis
- Assemble cables, conduct hand soldering, or assemble prototype products based on schematic diagrams; accurately mark changes when instructions vary
- Conduct and record product tests and diagnostic activities to support the production process
- Mechanical enclosure / component assembly
- Ensure all parts meet quality standards
- Build small control panels for basic machine automation
- Install field wiring and termination of motors, sensors, and smart devices
- Use of power tools
- Manual handling
- Work with the Human Resources team to grow the Gilmour Space team as required
- Other duties as requested by Management
Skills and Experience:
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Trade qualified Electrician or Electrical Technician
- 2+ years of experience in a high reliability operating environment, ideally within the Aerospace, Manufacturing, Marine or Automotive Industry
- Current Australian Driver’s License (ability to drive a manual preferred)
- Current Negative Vetting 2 Security Clearance is preferred, but we are open to the right candidate with a Current Negative Vetting 1 (must be willing to upgrade)
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- Knowledge of temperature, pressure, and flow measurement devices, mechanical and electrical systems, and propulsion systems
- Work efficiently in a team environment and a desire and willingness to assist other team members in the general day to day running of the program.
- Extensive knowledge of mechatronic, battery, avionic or electrical systems
- Ability to prioritize and manage work demands and deliver outcomes
- Skill in operating and manipulating machinery with great manual dexterity
- Experience with forklifts, cranes, and heavy equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with Engineering and Production
- Forklift License (company may provide training)
- Self-motivated, results oriented with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Commitment to health and safety, quality assurance, continuous improvement, and environmental management
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.