Manufacturing Engineer Graduate
All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
The Manufacturing Engineer Graduate will support the fast-paced manufacturing and test of Launch Vehicle and satellite hardware through the development and optimisation of all aspects of manufacturing activities, including but not limited to manufacturing best practices, introduction of process improvement and enhancement across all areas of production. Document and communicate across teams to ensure duties are performed in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Prepare engineering documentation necessary for the transition from development to production including manufacturing processes, standards, assembly procedures, test procedures, standard operating procedures, bills of materials, suitable alternate parts lists and mechanical drawings
- Perform structured root cause analysis of in-process failures
- Resolving technical issues and actively providing constructive technical feedback and recommendations to ensure robust, manufacturable products.
- Manufacturing tooling design and validation
- Process mapping and capturing current ways of work; highlighting and implementing improvement projects.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering team with implementation of new processes and projects.
- Other duties as requested by Management
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or closely related areas.
- Proficiency with common industry CAD packages (SolidWorks, OnShape, Inventor etc.)
- Ability to read and generate engineering drawings.
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Internships or placements within a highly regulated manufacturing industry (Aerospace, Medical etc.) will be highly regarded.
- Ability to work well in an integrated team including daily interactions with technicians, engineers, and managers.
- Creative problem solver that can bring multiple disciplines together.
- Self-motivated with strong multi-tasking, organizational, communication and documentation skills.
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
You have successfully applied for this job!