All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Want to build rockets on the Gold Coast? We’re recruiting 3 x Mechanical Technicians to work on our rockets on our afternoon shift.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Perform work accurately and to a high standard, according to drawings, procedures, specifications, and test instructions
- Prepare, set up, assemble, test, and integrate development and flight equipment, structures and hardware
- Perform post-test operations and inspections to ensure flight worthy hardware
- Use precision calibrated tools – torque wrenches, micrometres, and callipers
- Fabricate, repair, and assemble hardware/equipment needed
- Develop novel ways site wide to streamline processes and increase the reliability of operations
- Hands on operations with both large and small fragile assemblies
- Use various equipment and mechanical tools without instruction
- Collaborate with engineers to develop and document activities
- Ensure all services are performed on time, safely, and in a professional manner
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Operate and maintain hardware, high pressure systems and pumps, and other ancillary equipment including pneumatic components
- Other duties as required by Management
Skills and Experience:
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Level 3 Trade qualification in Aerospace, Fitting, or similar trade
- 3+ years of experience in the Aerospace, Manufacturing, Marine or Automotive Industry
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- Experience working with and troubleshooting complex mechanical systems, high pressure fluid/pneumatic systems, or heavy equipment, ideally within the aerospace industry
- Experience using power tools, hand tools, and calibrated tooling
- Must have exceptional time management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of temperature, pressure, and flow measurement devices, mechanical and electrical systems, and rocket propulsion systems. Skill in operating and manipulating machinery with great manual dexterity. Experience with forklifts, cranes, and heavy equipment.
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a fast-paced, challenging work environment.
- It is essential to have the skills to work efficiently in a team environment and should have a desire and willingness to assist other team members in the general day to day running of the department.
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.