All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
This position will oversee, plan, and improve our Information and Communication Technology (ICT) systems and infrastructure to enable our Engineers and Technicians to design, analyse, test and manufacture aerospace hardware, while complying with the latest information security standards, to ensure that company data is protected. Document and communicate across teams to ensure duties are performed in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Responsible for managing and delivering a variety of IT-related projects simultaneously and efficiently to meet the needs of a fast-paced environment, including collecting requirements and managing communication with relevant stakeholders.
- Assist with maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network, servers, and virtualisation.
- Install and upgrade software, hardware, network systems, and integrate automation processes with a focus on Enterprise Architecture design.
- Manage network, servers, storage, and technology tools.
- Monitor systems performance and troubleshoot related issues.
- Monitor network and ensure security and efficiency of IT infrastructure, both physical and virtual.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages by running diagnostics and document problems, resolutions, system changes and setups, prioritising problems, and assess impact of issues.
- Act as an escalation point for the IT Support Team.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of existing IT infrastructure.
- Upgrade HW/SW systems with new releases and patches.
- Maintain, investigate, recommend, and contribute to strategic development of ICT solutions in a way that enables business objectives.
- Ensure availability and up-time of corporate systems (desktops, servers, mobile devices, network infrastructure, etc.).
- Work with the Human Resources team to grow the Gilmour Space team as required.
- Other duties as requested by Management.
Internal Activity Expectations:
- Project delivery (requirements, solutions, development, deployment, training / support).
- Systems maintenance.
- Software upgrades.
- Hardware upgrades.
- Systems automation and continuous improvements.
- Security monitoring and improvements.
- L2/L3 troubleshooting.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required.
- Evidence of exceptional ability.
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in network administration and/or system administration.
- Excellent project management and cost management skills.
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, IT Project Manager or similar role providing Level 3 support across Microsoft Stack (AD/Azure AD, Exchange, O365 Admin, SharePoint, Power-Bi, …), Linux (Ubuntu/RedHat) and MacOS/iOS fleet.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and related protocols, system security (e.g. RBAC, IDS, IPS, DLP), encryption methods and data backup/recovery practises and solutions.
- Experience with enterprise infrastructure management, databases, cloud solutions Azure/AWS, networks (LAN, WAN, WLAN, SAN, NAS, VPN), HPC systems and related software.
- Ability to analyse and automate processes with scripting and automation tools, active knowledge of PowerShell, Bash, Python and GPO Management.
- Practical experience with RMM, MDM, MAM, PAM tools.
- Working knowledge of virtualisation, Hyper-V, Proxmox, or equivalent.
- The ability to work independently and part of teams.
- Excellent communication skills and sense for our mission.
- Hands-on approach, problem-solving aptitude and ability to adapt to complex and fast-moving environment.
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture, ITIL, SOE, NIST/E8 highly desirable.
- Previous work experience with Start-ups and MSP are a plus.
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.