All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Want to build rockets on the Gold Coast? We’re recruiting a Principal Radio Frequency Systems Engineer to work on our rockets.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Lead the development of sensor networks, RF systems and telemetry systems for Gilmour’s launch vehicle programme.
- Capture and develop requirements and specifications for sensor networks, RF systems and telemetry systems.
- Lead the evaluation and characterisation of sensor, RF and telemetry components, prototypes and commercial-off-the-shelf equipment.
- Lead the characterisation and analysis of end-to-end sensor, RF and telemetry performance, using simulation, laboratory tests and field trials.
- Assist the development of automated test equipment for telemetry and avionics characterisation.
- Plan, document, and execute Verification and Validation activities.
- Work with production engineers on the integration and test of telemetry systems.
- Act as a mentor to junior engineers.
- Other duties as requested by Management.
Skills and Experience:
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in in Electronics, Electrical or Software Engineering.
- 15+ years of demonstrated expertise with design, development and operation of sensor systems, RF systems and telemetry systems.
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- RPEQ or CPEng.
- Recognised as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in sensor networks, RF systems and telemetry systems.
- Responsible for ensuring technical accuracy and innovation within SME discipline(s).
- Extensive experience with the design, development, testing and operation of sensor networks, RF systems and telemetry systems (e.g., drones, UAVS, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver accurate results on-time.
- Extensive Systems Engineering experience.
- Experience with link budget analysis and RF simulation software.
- Thorough understanding of digital communication theory and testing.
- Thorough understanding of electromagnetic propagation and antenna systems.
- Extensive experience with the integration, test and characterisation of commercial-off-the-shelf equipment.
- Experience with schematic and layout using Altium Designer or other PCB design tools.
- Experience with Matlab, C++, Python or equivalent tools for modelling and analysing RF and telemetry systems
Teamwork / Leadership / Interpersonal
- Leadership, motivational and/or negotiating skill. Anticipates and responds to the needs of others
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution skills
- Proven Ability to prioritize and manage work demands and deliver outcomes
- Self-motivated, results oriented with a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to health and safety, quality assurance, continuous improvement, and environmental management
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.