All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Want to build rockets on the Gold Coast? We’re recruiting an Avionics Engineer to support the Engineering team in the Software, Electrical, GNC and Avionics department. As an Avionics Engineer you will be required to work alongside engineers and technicians alike, contributing to the research, development, test and delivery of advanced launch vehicle avionics units. You will work alongside a high performing team in activities throughout the entire engineering lifecycle, from initial scoping to design, prototyping, testing, manufacture, and operations. You will be required to produce documentation and communicate across teams to ensure duties are performed in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Analyse high level requirements to determine suitability and derive appropriate requirements and sub-system design criteria
- Participate in Systems Engineering milestone reviews associated with development of Avionics systems
- Conduct technical assessments, analysis of COTS solutions, trade studies, design and sizing of solutions
- Develop schematics and PCB layouts for avionics units (RF and non-RF related)
- Assist supply chain with electronics component procurement
- Prepare and participate in development reviews, analysis, troubleshooting, modifications, and conducting PCB repairs
- Designing, writing, testing, and debugging software
- Performing hardware / software integration
- Support integration, installation, and system verification through the development of manufacturing, assembly, and test procedures
- Travelling to our launch and test sites to assist with testing and operation of RF equipment
- Partner with electrical, software, GNC, mechanical, integration, test, manufacturing and production teams to deliver fully functional systems and products
- Driving innovation to improve reliability and capabilities while minimising cost and schedule
- Deliver to an extremely high standard whilst maintain efficient high-paced output
- Other duties as requested by Management
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Communications Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience with the design, development, integration and testing of electronics and RF systems
- Proficiency in Electronics and RF Engineering software tools (for example but not limited to Altium, Solidworks Electrical, HFSS, STK)
- Experience using typical Electronics and RF test equipment
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- Extensive experience in PCB development (both RF and non-RF)
- Hands-on experience of design, test, documentation and manufacture of electronics
- Experience with baremetal, RTOS and embedded Linux software development
- Experience with FPGA hardware and software development
- Experience developing high-performance radios
- Demonstrated engineering experience within the space, aerospace or automotive industries
- Experience with the integration and test of commercial off the shelf (COTS) equipment
- Ability to solve complex engineering problems with little to no supervision, as an individual or as a member of an integrated team
- Ability to work in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Ability to work efficiently in a team environment with a desire and willingness to assist other team members in the general day to day running of the department
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.