Propulsion Engineer Graduate
All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Want to work with rockets on the Gold Coast? We are hiring for 2x Propulsion Engineer Graduate to assist the engineering and manufacturing teams in the design, build, and test of propulsion systems. To document and communicate across teams to ensure duties are performed in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position.
- Assist in the design hardware suitable for flight on a rocket motor system
- Assist in developing and testing rocket engines and other launch vehicle components
- Assist in the assembling, fitting, and functional testing of systems for flight and ground testing
- Undertake research relating to propulsion system optimization
- Undertake environmental testing of components for ground and flight systems (i.e. vibration, pressure, thermal and structural)
- Analyse and interpret data collected during testing
- Other duties as requested by Management
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors (BS) degree in an Engineering discipline
- Must be capable of obtaining and clearing a NV Level 1 Security Clearance
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work independently and part of teams
- Ability to provide and acquire good working knowledge of the propulsion industry
- Ability to aid in the identification of company facilities for assembly and production to enable manufacturing efficiency
- Good understanding and experience in CAD, SolidWorks preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Policies and Procedures:
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
You have successfully applied for this job!